Graduate Program Forms
Please review the Program Overview and the Graduate Program Rules to familiarize yourself with general program requirements. Please download the Form Requirement Checklist to understand which exact forms are required in order for you to successfully obtain
Ph.D. Course Work
Program Requirements and Required Documentation
Ph.D. Non-Coursework Requirements
Optional MA Degree
DocuSign Online Forms
DocuSign Process - In what order do I fill the above forms?
- 1 - Please click on the appropriate Docusign form link
- 2 - For the Dept Form Preparer — please put your own name/email
- 3 - Please list the names and emails of all your committee members (only applies to Ph.D. Form 1 and Ph.D. Form 2)
- 4 - For Student — please put your own name/email
- 5 - For Department Chair/Grad Advisor — please put “Dept of Political Science” for name and place this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6 - For Associate Dean — please put “Barbara Sarnecka” and place this email: email@example.com
- 7- For Department Copy— please put “Dept of Political Science” for name and place this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you hit “BEGIN SIGNING,” it will ask you to fill out part of the form (your name, ID no, school/dept). Once you fill that out, it will ask you to hit “FINISH” and it will send to the next person on your list (usually in the order you set your committee members, chair will likely be first).
After it routes through them, it will come back to you as a student, where you might have to sign in the appropriate fields depending on the form (Docusign will indicate where).
Then, it will route to the email (email@example.com) where the department graduate director will sign.
Then, it will route to Associate Dean Sarnecka.
Finally, after all those members have signed, it will route automatically to the Grad Division.
*Please make sure you enter all email addresses correctly; if not, your paperwork will get stuck within the Docusign platform
Domestic Student Forms
International Students Forms
Departmental Conference & External Grant Seeking Stipend Request:
1. Conference support stipend of up to $250.00 from the Department of Political Science for presenting a research paper at a professional conference. If expenditures total less than $250.00, you will receive that lesser amount. Grad students are eligible for 1 award per year.
2. Grant seeking stipend of up to $100 from the Department of Political Science for external (non-UCI) grant-seeking application submissions. Grad students are eligible for 1 award per year. Note: This initiative requires a student merely apply for external support, not receive it.
Other Opportunities for Funding
Associated Graduate Students Travel Grants —University
Graduate Division Forms